Tuesday, March 29, 2011

cruel and unusual torture

I think writers' block is to a writer what the cold shoulder is to an attention whore. I kid ye not. It goes down as one of the most frustrating things ever (except for any form of Mathematical equation). I digress. I am sitting in my living room, admiring the way the ocean sparkles just beyond the open slides and for the life of me I cannot find the inspiration. I feel it necessary to point out here that Arabesque is not very happy with this development. She is itching to come to life on the page. Writer's block is sneaky bastard though, and it seems like if the only way to continue forwards is to, as one author put it, 'write one word, then another'. Laudable advice, except after maybe ten of those words you proceed to delete one word, then another.
I wish there was some technique, some skill, some magic(k) potion which could lead me in the right direction. You know... 'blockbegone' or something like that... but I will persist. It might be a pain in the ass getting there... but the completed manuscript will be soo worth it!

Tschüss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!